Taking your child to the dentist may seem like a small, insignificant task. For many pediatric dentistry patients, however, going to the dentist in their early years is what sets them up to have a healthy smile for life.
Healthy dental habits are crucial in a child’s life, and most children learn best from their parents. If you are the parent of young children, there is so much you can do to help them thrive. You prepare your child for a lifetime of good oral hygiene practices when you show them just how important it is to take care of their teeth.
Children's Dentist Jonesboro AR
Although our children’s dentist in Jonesboro, AR is always here to help your child, your family will find the most success when your dental treatment plan begins at home. To help your child keep their smile beautiful for life, consider implementing some of the following strategies:
- Make water the primary drink during and in-between mealtimes, and limit sugary drinks like soda and juice
- Floss your child’s teeth if they are too young, or their hands are too small to floss on their own
- Purchase a fun, child-friendly flavor of toothpaste or a toothbrush with their favorite character to make brushing more fun
- Talk about the dentist often and openly to help reiterate that the dentist is a safe, friendly place to go
- Schedule dental appointments for your whole family at the same time or on the same day
- Re-create a pretend dental appointment in your home so your child can ask questions and feel more prepared for their actual dental appointments
- Encourage healthy eating by keeping fresh fruits and vegetables available for snacks. These foods can even help clean your child's teeth!
If your family needs a new children’s dentist in Jonesboro, AR, Dr. Bartels is accepting new patients. You can contact our schedule coordinator or front desk coordinator by calling (870) 932-9911. We will happily schedule your child for their next teeth cleaning and dental exam!